Sunday, June 24, 2012

without his love I can do nothing, with his love there is nothing I cannot do.

My best friend and I have been just that, best friends, for the vast majority of our lives. We've known each other since we were in first grade, so around the age of 7 or so, and have been joining basically at the hip ever since. We've seen each other at our worst and at our best. Through new relationships, bad grades, fights with parents, heartbreak and beyond. As of recently, we've seen each of us meet and begin the dating the loves of our lives, for her its the man whose been in her life for years, Joe and myself a wonderful man named Kyle. 


Joe and Erin met online, seemingly randomly, when we were all around the age of 14 or so and began talking online forming a long-distance friendship since Erin was here in the USA and Joe in Australia. Over the years Erin and Joe never considered being together themselves as a couple, in fact they both watched the other date other people and heard all about the relationships, good and bad. They had become best friends to one another and relied heavily on the other for advice and companionship, same as her and I. 


Just a couple of years ago I had Erin confess me to something, that she thought she might be falling in love with Joe. That is had taken all of these long years of talking, but she thought she might be developing feelings toward him. I couldn't believe it when she told me, but I was so happy because I really thought Joe was a good match for her and that they could have a very successful relationship. It was shortly after this confession that Joe and Erin began making some plans for Joe to come visit, and potentially stay for a long-term type of visit. He came to the States and immediately they knew the connection was there and instantly they became a couple and well, began a long, serious relationship.


Just earlier this year Joe's work visa for Canada was coming up on its expiration date and he was, reluctantly, planning to go home. He ended up leaving in April to head back to Australia. This broke both his and Erin's heart because they knew it could be a while before they would see each other. Shortly after this Erin found out some incredible news, she was pregnant! About 17 weeks along at the time she found out, but yes, pregnant! It was a complete shock to her and her whole family, and myself, but we were also ecstatically happy, a baby! After that everything with her and Joe went into overdrive, now that there was a baby in the mix them needing to be in the same country was of the utmost importance. So within the next month Erin was on a plane herself heading to Australia. 


Just this last week on Friday June 22nd, 2012 (our time, in Australia it was actually the 23rd when the wedding happened) Erin and Joe got married in Queensland, Australia in front of Joe's friends and family, and amazingly enough, even myself, Kyle and Erin's family via Skype! Yes, that's right, Kyle and I attended the Skype wedding of my very best friend to the love of her life. It was a beautiful wedding, Erin was a beautiful bride and Joe was a handsome groom and they were both glowing throughout the entire ceremony. I couldn't have set it up more perfectly for her, I couldn't have chosen a more perfect man for my best friend. They really are each others perfect match and I love Joe as though he was my best friend too. 


I was honored enough to be asked to be part of the wedding as an honorary maid of honor and writing a speech to be played at the reception. This is the speech I wrote for Erin:



My best friend went from Erin Nicole Meyer, to Erin Nicole Kendall. A new last name, but the same woman whose been my other half for years and who has helped me through so much. 





(this one I think is my all-time favorite!)

No comments:

Post a Comment